(Reading, Pa) - The Reading Fightin Phils are excited to announce the final results of the "Go Green - Energy Conservation" jersey design contest! The contest was announced in February. The Fightin Phils decided instead of rewarding just one student artist, their graphic s team decided to incorporate artwork and concepts from five talented students in the final jersey design. The jersey will be worn by the Fightin Phils on Wednesday, June 21st at 7:05 pm against the Akron RubberDucks.
Over 400 students submitted jersey designs and all designs will be on display at the Wednesday, June 21st game.
Buy Tickets to Wednesday's Go Green Game
The five student winners are:
- Jaxson Webster, 9th grade - Queen Creek High School
- Responsible for the overall style of the final jersey design
- Tyler McDonald, 5th grade - Spring Ridge Elementary School
- Took the name "Fightins" and represented each letter using a different symbol of Energy Conservation
- Addisyn Martin, 5th grade - Hinkletown Mennonite School
- Made a direct connection between baseball and recycling themes
- Lola Rymarkiewicz, 6th grade - Assumption BVM School
- Incorporated "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" and "Think Gobally, Act Locally" by using both slogans
- Dylan Glass - Wilson High School
- Incorporated "Compact Fluorescent Lamp" (CFL) instead of the traditional "Incandescent" light bulb
Each student will receive two free tickets to the game on Wednesday, June 21st at 7:05 p.m. Thanks to Reading Area Community College, all five winners will also receive a Go Green Jersey, eight reserved yellow box seats with all you can eat buffet, a $50 gift card to the Fightin Phils Merchandise Store and a ceremonial first pitch prior to the game on June 21st.
The specialty themed jerseys worn by the Fightin Phils will be auctioned during the game and proceeds will go to the Berks Conservancy. The game on June 21st will conclude with a post-game fireworks show thanks to Fromm Electric Supply. Tickets are available for purchase online at fightins.com or can be purchased in person at the Fightin Phils Box Office at FirstEnergy Stadium.
America's Classic Ballpark is proud to be a part of Pennsylvania's Americana Region. Season tickets for the 2017 season are available online at Fightins.com, by phone at 610-370-BALL, and in-person at FirstEnergy Stadium. Follow the Fightin Phils on Twitter at @ReadingFightins and like them on Facebook via www.facebook.com/fightins.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.