As part of the Capital BlueCross "Live Fearless" Outstanding Student program, the Reading Fightin Phils have donated $2,709 to participating schools in the club's surrounding community. Schools will be able to support students and contribute to the educational process with the funds donated through the program.
"We're happy to have been able to donate $2,709 to local schools through the Capital BlueCross 'Live Fearless' Outstanding Student program, and we are hoping to donate even more money next season and beyond as the program grows," said Fightins General Manager Scott Hunsicker. "We can't thank Capital BlueCross enough for sponsoring this program and putting us in a position to be able to donate this money to the schools."
Below is a list of the 32 schools that participated in the program this season.
- Berks Christian School
- Bethel Elementary School
- Colebrookdale Elementary School
- Conrad Weiser East Elementary School
- Conrad Weiser High School
- Conrad Weiser Middle School
- Conrad Weiser West Elementary School
- Denver Elementary School
- Goddard Sanatoga
- Goddard Wyomissing
- Green Valley Elementary School
- Greenwich Elementary School
- Hamburg High School
- Hamburg Middle School
- Jacksonwald Elementary School
- Kutztown Elementary School
- New Hanover Elementary School
- Oley Valley Elementary School
- Oley Valley Middle School
- Penn Bernville Elementary School
- Perry Elementary School
- Pine Grove Elementary School
- Pottsgrove Middle School
- Robeson Elementary School
- Rupert Elementary School
- Schuylkill Haven Elementary School
- Spring Ridge Elementary School
- Tilden Elementary School
- Washington Elementary School
- Whitfield Elementary School
- Willow Creek Elementary School
- Wilson West Middle School
The Capital BlueCross "Live Fearless" Outstanding Student Program is a unique incentive-based program designed to recognize and reward hard-working students. Through the program, students are given an opportunity to celebrate their achievements with their families at a designated Fightin Phils home game.
Each student who participated in the program during the 2015 season received two tickets to a game, a pre-game meet-and-greet with a Fightin Phils player, individual recognition during a pre-game ceremony, and an Outstanding Student medal from the Crazy Hot Dog Vendor.
For each ticket purchased or redeemed through the Capital BlueCross "Live Fearless" Outstanding Student Program, the participating school received $1 back.
The Capital BlueCross "Live Fearless" Outstanding Student Program is a five-year program that runs through the 2019 season. Schools can sign up now for the 2016 season by contacting the Fightin Phils Director of Educational Programs, Music, & Game Presentation Todd Hunsicker at 610-375-8469 x.206 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Fightins encourage all schools to contact the Fightins now and sign up for the 2016 season. The program is easy to implement, and your school receives a check from the Fightin Phils.