Customer Service Representatives must have strong interpersonal skills and provide excellent customer service. These representatives must be attentive to guest needs, have full knowledge of all policies, services and facility locations. Representatives must be approachable and friendly, remain calm at all times and be adept at dealing with complaints. Some light lifting required. Customer Service Representatives work as scheduled by the Community Relations and Special Events Manager.
Trainees are an integral part of the Rome Braves. A trainee will work under a full-time Rome Braves staff member learning the ins and outs of working in minor league baseball. Trainee positions are available running from March to September (end of the season). If you are interested in one of our trainee positions, please fill out an online application on the Braves Careers site on Workday.
Available Trainee Positions:
It's time for the Rome Braves to gear up for another season at State Mutual Stadium. We're looking for energetic, hardworking people with outgoing personalities to add to our part-time/seasonal game day staff. All applicants must be at least 16 years of age and able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Below is a list of possible positions for the 2021 season.
If you are driven to deliver exceptional fan experiences that are beyond anything possible elsewhere and interested in working alongside a team of innovators and enthusiastic over-achievers, you will enjoy working with us!
Major Responsibilities/Essential Functions for this FT benefitted role, include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for prospecting, selling, cultivating, maintaining, and renewing sponsorships, advertising, groups, and suites.
- Develop new business by prospecting via phone, email, video, and in-person appointments
- Ability to make minimum number of calls and a keep accurate and detailed sales logs
- Responsible for creating and executing corporate partnership fulfillment with clients
- Assist in ticket sales, account management, Business Development, and administration as it relates to Organization assets
- Assisting with hiring, training, and scheduling of game staff
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the Organization
- Other duties as needed
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills/abilities:
- Two plus years working in a professional sports environment (preferably team environment)
- Minimum of a BA degree (preferably in Sports Management, Business, or Communications)
- Competency in the following: Microsoft Office Suite and Ticketmaster (or similar ticket software)
- Knowledge of CRM software
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, team environment and handle multiple projects at one time with great attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter
- Able to interact effectively with diverse groups of people
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to establish a rapport quickly with people
- Team player with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work all Braves home games and special events, including weekends and holidays
- Must complete a successful Criminal and Credit background check