Job Synopsis: this is a seasonal position providing hands-on experience in professional baseball ticket sales & operations. Ideal for a current or recently graduated student. Requires the ability to work flexible schedule including nights and weekends. Comfortable interacting with all levels within the organization as well as outside contacts.
Reports to: Ticket Operations and Sales Manager.
- Generate new mini Plan and Season Ticket Holder Accounts through Networking and Prospecting opportunities in the local and professional communities.
- Cold Calling & emailing 40-50 leads per day.
- Develop New Group Sales including but not limited to picnics, birthdays, fundraisers.
- Coordinate group theme night events and generate group sales for these promotional nights.
- Responsible for Greeting Groups and servicing of all groups attending games.
- Attend little league opening days, Community and business meetings, as well as other similar events.
- Keep accurate records of calls made and ticket packages sold.
- Ticket and mail fulfillment.
- Assist fans who purchase tickets in person or on the phone in a professional and courteous manner by offering an exceptional level of customer service in and outside of the ballpark.
- Assist with the planning, preparation and set-up of special events at the ballpark.
This is a seasonal, paid position.
Hours are flexible January – May (20-25 hours per week)
June thru August (35-40 hours per week).