The Kernels Foundation Grant Application
Our purpose is to ensure that all youth in Eastern Iowa have the opportunity to experience the thrills and life-enhancing lessons that come from engaging in athletics and recreational activities.
The Kernels Foundation benefits area youth by supporting nonprofit groups and organizations that effectively and efficiently serve youth through sports activities and programs, baseball instructional leagues, and equipment and facilities engaged in providing that support in the Cedar Rapids Kernels and Waterloo Bucks fan-base geographical areas.
All grant applications must be submitted in writing in accordance with the Grant Application form and accompanied by sufficient supporting documentation (including photographs or illustrations) to enable The Kernels Foundation to clearly understand the entire project.
GUIDELINES & PROCEDURES
- Must be a nonprofit group or organization, but does not have to hold an IRA 501(c)3 certification
- The Kernels Foundation will have three grant cycles per year - spring, summer, and fall
- Organizations are limited to one grant request per grant cycle
- Grant awards begin at $250
- Grants are not renewable
- You may be asked to make a presentation to the Board of Directors of The Kernels Foundation
THINGS WE DO NOT FUND
- For-profit companies or organizations
- Political organizations
- Deficit reduction
- Fundraising events or sponsorships
- Memorials, scholarships, endowments
- Ordinary building maintenance or repair
- Application period | January 1 - February 15
- Announcements and allocations in March
- Application period | April 1 - May 15
- Announcements and allocations in June
- Application period | June 1 - July 15
- Announcements and allocations in September
Grant Review Process
All grant applications will be evaluated by The Kernels Foundation Board of Directors. The Kernels Foundation reserves the right to deny any request regardless of whether or not it meets the grant criteria.
THE DECISION OF THE KERNELS FOUNDATION IS FINAL.
- You may be asked to present your grant request to the Board of Directors of The Kernels Foundation
- All grants are subject to availability of funds
No later than 90 days after grant disbursement, grant recipients must submit a brief project evaluation report and a brief testimonial on the success of the project. If photos are submitted, a signed and dated photo release must accompany the photo for all people appearing in the photo. (form attached) A parent or legal guardian must sign on behalf of minors.
Please fill out every question on the form. Failure to do this may disqualify you from further grants from The Kernels Foundation.
Print and complete the photo release form, located within the button to the right.
Submit your report, photos, and photo releases to [email protected].
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
The Kernels Foundation reserves the right to change the grant process at any time without notification.