The information below will be updated and modified as guidance and best practices evolve. (Updated as of March 5, 2021)
As you are probably expecting, events are going to look a little different than in years past. With your help, we can still provide the same amazing experiences you have grown accustomed to over the years.
The safety and well-being of the community, guests and staff is of the utmost importance to the Frisco RoughRiders. Our organization will continue to follow the guidance of national, state and local agencies in the development of our COVID-19 policies and all guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the State of Texas will be strictly followed and enforced during all events at The Ballpark. It is our intent to do everything to ensure the health and safety of our guests and ballpark staff and to make sure The Ballpark meets or exceeds all recommended standards. Please help us keep our events safe by following these new policies when you visit The Ballpark.
The procedures identified below represent practical best efforts to keep our community safe. The public’s cooperation is requested in executing this plan. Please do not attend an event at The Ballpark if you have been knowingly exposed to COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to an event.
Acknowledgement of Potential Exposure: The Frisco RoughRiders have taken enhanced health and safety measures - for you, other patrons, staff and/or players. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting The Ballpark. An inherent risk of exposure to naturally occurring diseases, including but not limited to the novel Coronavirus or COVID-19, (collectively, the “Naturally Occurring Diseases”) exists in any public place where people are present. Naturally occurring diseases are extremely contagious and can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By attending the premises, holder, on his/her own behalf and on behalf of minor(s), knowingly and voluntarily assume the risk of exposure to naturally occurring diseases and possible infection and is deemed to have given a full release of liability to the released parties to the fullest extent permitted by law.
All attendees age two years and older must wear a face covering over their nose and mouth at all times on ballpark property other than when actively eating or drinking at their ticketed seats.
To enhance existing security measures and expedite venue entry, The Ballpark is a clear bag venue.
Bags that are permitted included:
- Bags that are clear plastic and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12"
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags
- Small clutch bags or purses do not have to be clear but cannot exceed 4.5" x 6.5"
- Medical bags and manufactured bags that accompany infants and young children will be permitted
Bags not permitted include:
- Backpacks, printed-pattern plastic bags, fanny packs, purses, reusable grocery totes, mesh or straw bags, duffle bags, large totes, camera or binocular cases.
Please keep at least 6 feet of distance from other guests at all times. This includes entry and exit as well as when moving around The Ballpark and standing in lines.
To allow for social distancing, the RoughRiders will limit the number of tickets in each individual seating section, thus decreasing the overall capacity of The Ballpark. As an example, rows and seats will remain vacant to maintain proper distancing between parties. Additionally, at the direction of Major League Baseball, there initially will likely be mandatory “player safety buffer zones” throughout The Ballpark which will restrict the usage of front rows of sections. Group and hospitality areas will operate with reduced capacity to promote proper distancing.
The Ballpark will work toward limiting cash transactions, including in the areas of parking, food/beverage, and merchandise. This will assist in limiting direct contact between employees and guests.
The RoughRiders will sanitize all areas of The Ballpark with approved COVID-19 cleaning supplies and will also routinely disinfect high-traffic areas throughout events held at The Ballpark. We have increased regularity and scope of ballpark wash-downs and cleanings. We have also added sanitizing stations for public and employee use which will be available throughout The Ballpark.
We will conduct temperature checks for all full-time, part-time, and third party staff members prior to entering the ballpark. Staff members showing any signs of illness will be sent home immediately. All fan-facing staff members shall be required to wear protective face coverings, as necessitated by current guidelines and best practices policies. In addition, our staff will be instructed to make the following changes to fan-facing interactions, without limitations: 1) Prohibit handshaking and physical contact with guest and other employees; 2) Employees will be required to wear masks; 3) Employees handling food will be required to wear protective gloves and masks; 4) Prior to the start of each shift, and continuing when appropriate, employees will be required to wash their hands and put on a new pair of gloves; and 5) Ongoing training to educate staff on new, updated guidelines and procedures.
The RoughRiders will encourage proper distancing upon entry, including and without limitation, walkways and sidewalks leading to ballpark entrances. Stanchions and/or space markers, as well as additional personnel, will promote proper distancing between guests entering and exiting The Ballpark. Entry gate lines will be widened to create more distance between guests. The Ballpark will have designated entrance and exit gates, with seating location determining which gates guests are encouraged to enter.
Select ballpark ticket windows will be closed to ensure proper distancing between guests. As a general practice, the RoughRiders will encourage the use of mobile/digital ticketing to reduce the use of in-hand tickets. RoughRiders season seat members and group customers will have the option of contactless ticket distribution; all subsequent exchanges or additional ticket requests will be encouraged to remain contactless. For your safety, all ticket windows and counters are to be wiped down every hour during an event and will be sprayed before and after each event. We will also provide stanchions and/or spacing markers to promote proper distancing between customers waiting in line at the box off windows.
The RoughRiders will put forth the following food and beverage protocols in place: 1) Staff members will adhere to the most recent guidelines in regard to the use of face coverings and gloves for the safety of our staff and guests; 2) Additional staff positions will be assigned specifically to disinfect surfaces before, during, and after events; 3) All employees will be required to wear protective masks and gloves; 4) Stanchions spaced in concession lines to promote distancing between guests waiting in line; 5) No dining or picnic table will be allowed to have more than six (6) patrons throughout all areas of facility; 7) Tables in all hospitality areas will be set at least 6’ apart from each other; 8) All condiments will be provided by request only and in pre-packaged packets; 9) There will be the use of pre-wrapped cutlery, food served by staff members wearing protective mask and gloves and areas will be wiped down with disinfectant before and upon the completion of serving in the Group Areas; 10) The RoughRiders will encourage the use cashless payments throughout The Ballpark, this includes food/beverage, ticketing, and merchandise. Additional enhancements will be added as necessary under the guidance of the City of Frisco and the State of Texas.
There will be posted COVID-19 signage in areas with high visibility to fans, employees, and team personnel as well as other awareness and instructional signage posted throughout The Ballpark. Frequent video and public address announcements will promote proper cleanliness, distancing, and similar health practices for guests. We will also partake in social media & e-blast awareness campaigns on best practices for fans and guests visiting The Ballpark. Signage will also be placed in restrooms to remind fans to thoroughly clean and sanitize their hands after visiting the restrooms.
- Kid’s Zone – Inflatables and standalone playground will be closed until attractions can be safely opened.
- Concourse Flow – Stanchions and/or spacing markers will promote proper distancing between guests waiting in lines on the main concourse.
- Restrooms – All concourse level bathroom entry doors will be propped open during events (excluding the family restroom). There will be queue lines to be placed outside of each restroom. Restrooms will be sanitized frequently with disinfectant along with all surfaces. There will be an Usher attending outside each restroom to monitor overcrowding.
- Lazy River – Inner tubes will not be provided. Sanitizer stations will be stationed at the entrances and bars and surfaces with be sanitized frequently.
- Riders Outpost (Team Store) – We will continue to encourage cashless transactions. There will be specifically marked entrance and exits for guests. We will limit the number of guests in the store at any one time. The sanitation of the store will occur at least every half hour. Guests will have sanitizer stations located throughout the store as well as have access to disinfectant wipes upon entry. Guests will be allowed to try items on, but it is strongly suggested items purchased be washed.
- Ushers/Ticket Takers – Ushers will be located throughout the concourse to continue the flow of traffic and cut down on stationary pods of guests. All railings throughout The Ballpark will be frequently wiped. Ushers will be prohibited from touching fans tickets when seat checking; fans will be required to show their tickets prior to going to their seats. Ushers will be discouraged from passing out any marketing or fundraising articles
- Medical Services – The Ballpark will work closely with its community medical partners to implement stringent protocols in place for medical services at all ballpark events. All public safety members will have temperature checks and screening before working.