MIDLAND, Texas (Sept. 2, 2018) - In his final start of the year, Wes Benjamin turned in one more stellar outing but the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, fell 2-0 to the Midland RockHounds and were eliminated from playoff contention Sunday at Security Bank Ballpark.
* Benjamin fired seven innings, permitting just two runs on eight hits with no walks and four strikeouts. He logged a quality start in the process, his seventh in 15 starts this season.
* Midland scored a run in the sixth and another in the seventh to prevail with the win.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Wes Benjamin: 7 IP, 8 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
* Luis Mendez: 1-for-3, BB
* Michael De Leon: 1-for-2, BB
NEWS AND NOTES
* Benjamin finished the season with a 1.35 ERA in his final three starts.
* Luis Mendez extended his on-base streak to a season-high-tying seven games with a single and a walk.
Riders at Midland, Monday, 2:00 p.m.
Probables: LHP Joe Palumbo (5-5, 3.72) vs. RHP Ben Bracewell (4-7, 3.15)
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio, First Pitch App
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 13 seasons (2005-2017). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis , Adrian Gonzalez , Ian Kinsler and Neftali Feliz , as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus , Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara . For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.