FRISCO, Texas (June 11, 2018) - The Frisco RoughRiders, Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, lost 7-1 to the Midland RockHounds Monday evening at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
* Riders relievers Brett Martin and Adam Parks delivered five innings of one-run relief, striking out six after starter Jonathan Hernandez allowed six runs across four innings in his Double-A debut.
* The RockHounds jumped out to a 6-0 lead after three innings on the strength two home runs.
* The RoughRiders run came in the fifth after Midland committed an error, allowing Michael De Leon to score from second.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Brett Martin: 3 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 4 K
* Adam Parks: 2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K
* Preston Beck: 1-for-4, 2B
NEWS AND NOTES
* Elvis Andrus began a Major League rehab appearance with the Riders and went 0-for-3 in his five innings of play.
* Michael O'Neill stretched his on-base streak to 17 games with a single in the fifth.
Riders vs. Midland, Tuesday, 12:05 p.m.
Probables: RHP Pedro Payano (2-5, 5.73) vs. RHP Kyle Friedrichs (4-3, 6.44)
Tickets: Click here
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio, First Pitch App
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 13 seasons (2005-2017). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis , Adrian Gonzalez , Ian Kinsler and Neftali Feliz , as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara . For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.