FRISCO, Texas (Aug. 9, 2019) - In a game that featured a playoff-like atmosphere, the Riders came away with an exciting 2-1 win over Amarillo Friday.
* Frisco broke a 1-1 tie in the bottom of the eighth when Yonny Hernandez was hit by pitch with the bases loaded, plating the decisive run.
* After letting runners to second and third base with nobody out in the ninth, Demarcus Evans struck out three of his final four batters to earn the save.
* Five Riders pitchers kept Amarillo to three hits, marking the third game in a row the team staff has held the opposition to three hits or fewer.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Demarcus Evans: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 3 K (S)
* Yonny Hernandez: 1-for-3, HBP, RBI
* Andretty Cordero: 1-for-3, RBI
NEWS AND NOTES
* Andretty Cordero moved into a three-way tie for the league RBI lead after collecting his 70th of the year with a first-inning RBI single.
Riders vs. Amarillo, Saturday, 7:05 pm
RHP Edgar Arredondo (6-3, 4.08) vs. LHP Nick Margevicius (4-2, 3.81)
Get your tickets here
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: KTCK The Ticket, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftali Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.