FRISCO, Texas (July 8, 2019) - Sparked by a strong start to the night and an eight-run eighth, the RoughRiders rolled to a 14-1 win over Corpus Christi Monday night.
* Yonny Hernandez gave the Riders a 3-0 lead in the second with a two-out, three-run triple as part of a career-high four RBIs for him. Frisco added two more runs in the third to build a 5-0 lead.
* Already up 6-1 after seven, the Riders capped the big night with an eight-run eighth inning, setting a season-high for runs in a frame.
* Starter Ronald Herrera allowed one run on five hits across five innings to earn the win.
* Rehabbers Isiah Kiner-Falefa (2-for-4, RBI, BB, 3 R) and Kyle Dowdy (1 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K) each played in their first rehab games with the Riders.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Yonny Hernandez: 2-for-4, 3B, 4 RBI, BB, R
* Isiah Kiner-Falefa: 2-for-4, RBI, BB, 3 R (rehab)
* Ronald Herrera: 5 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
* Kyle Dowdy: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K (rehab)
NEWS AND NOTES
* Frisco's 14 runs marked a new season-high.
* The Riders have scored at least 10 runs in each of their last three games against the Hooks.
Riders vs. Corpus Christi, Tuesday, 7:05 pm
RHP Jonathan Hernandez (3-7, 5.68) vs. RHP Yohan Ramirez (1-2, 7.36)
Get your tickets here
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftali Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.