FRISCO, Texas (May 22, 2019) - Rehabber Elvis Andrus hit a solo homer and the RoughRiders scored four runs in the eighth to knock off Midland 5-2 Wednesday afternoon.
* Andrus led off the fourth with a long homer to left-center field, cutting Midland's lead to 2-1.
* Still trailing 2-1 in the eighth, Preston Beck put the Riders in front with a three-run double.
* Three Riders relievers combined for five scoreless innings to seal the victory.
NOTABLE RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Elvis Andrus: 1-for-3, HR, RBI
* Joe Palumbo: 4 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 6 K
* James Jones: 2 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K (W)
NEWS AND NOTES
* Wednesday's win was already Frisco's 13th come-from-behind win this year (out of 25 total wins) and the fourth when trailing after seven innings.
* Eliezer Alvarez pushed his on-base streak to 13 games with a first-inning walk.
Riders at Corpus Christi, Thursday, 6:15 pm
RHP Pedro Payano (3-1, 5.15) vs. RHP Brandon Bailey (0-1, 5.52)
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftali Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.