MIDLAND, Texas (May 10, 2019) - The RoughRiders rallied for five runs in the eighth Friday night, overcoming a two-run deficit to defeat Midland 8-5 at Security Bank Ballpark.
* Trailing 5-3, the Riders put up all five of their eighth-inning runs with two outs. Alex Kowalczyk put the club ahead with a two-run single and Michael De Leon chipped in a pair of insurance runs with his third double of the night.
* Locke St. John engineered two perfect innings to lock down the Hounds and earn the save.
* Starter Joe Palumbo struck out nine batters over six innings, taking a no-decision.
NOTABLE RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Joe Palumbo: 6 IP, 6 H, 4 ER, 2 BB, 9 K
* Locke St. John: 2 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K (S)
* Michael De Leon: 3-for-4, 3 2B, 2 RBI
* Alex Kowalczyk: 1-for-1, 2 RBI, R
NEWS AND NOTES
* Nine of the Riders' 20 wins this season have been in come-from-behind fashion.
* De Leon's three doubles Friday equaled his season total through the first 30 games.
Riders at Midland, Saturday, 7:00 pm
RHP Pedro Payano (3-0, 4.10) vs. RHP Parker Dunshee (2-2, 1.89)
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for xtwo consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftali Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.