MIDLAND, Texas (April 13, 2019) - Christian Lopes went 4-for-5 with a home run and four RBIs, helping the Frisco RoughRiders rally to knock off Midland 5-4 and record the club's sixth consecutive victory.
* Down 4-3 with two outs in the ninth, Lopes delivered a go-ahead, two-run single to put the Riders ahead for good. He also got the scoring started with a solo home run in the fourth and an RBI single in the fifth.
* After giving up four runs on eight hits in the first three innings, starter Joe Palumbo retired 10 of the final 12 batters he faced, striking out six of them. Between Palumbo, and relievers Yoel Espinal and Blake Bass , Riders pitching finished the night by retiring 19 of the final 23 batters faced.
NOTABLE RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Christian Lopes: 4-for-5, HR, 4 RBI
* Juremi Profar: 3for-4, 2B, 2 R
* Joe Palumbo: 5 2/3 IP, 8 H, 4 ER, 3 BB, 7 K
NEWS AND NOTES
* Lopes recorded the eight four-hit game of his career and fell one shy of his single-game career-high in RBIs.
* Riders pitching struck out 12 RockHounds Saturday, recording the club's sixth double-digit strikeout performance in the first 10 games.
Riders at Midland, Sunday, 2:00 pm
RHP Edgar Arredondo (1-0, 2.84) vs. RHP James Naile (1-1, 8.00)
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for xtwo consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftali Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.