FRISCO, Texas (Aug. 7, 2019) - The RoughRiders finished a series win over Corpus Christi with a 5-2 triumph against the Hooks Wednesday night.
* Starter Tyler Phillips worked a season-long seven innings, allowing two runs (one earned) on two hits to earn his seventh quality start and fifth win.
* All five Riders runs came in the first two innings. Andretty Cordero had four of the RBIs with a solo home run and a three-run double.
* Demarcus Evans worked on consecutive days for the first time this season and tossed a perfect ninth inning to notch
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Tyler Phillips: 7 IP, 2 H, 2 R (1 ER), 1 BB, 3 K (W)
* Demarcus Evans: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K (S)
* Andretty Cordero: 2-for-3, 2B, HR, 4 RBI, BB, R
NEWS AND NOTES
* Phillips has a team-best seven quality starts in 14 outings with the Riders this year, plus four quality starts to begin the season at Advanced-A Down East.
Riders vs. Amarillo, Thursday, 7:05 pm
RHP Richelson Pena (0-1, 5.73) vs. RHP Jesse Scholtens (5-5, 5.66)
Get your tickets here
TV: Fox Sports SW, MiLB.tv ||| Audio: TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftali Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.