MIDLAND, Texas (Sept. 3, 2018) - The Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, dropped a 5-1 decision Monday against the Midland RockHounds in the final game of the 2018 season.
* With Monday's loss, the Riders finished the season with a 60-80 record.
* The Riders took a 1-0 lead in the first inning but Midland scored five unanswered to take the finale.
* After a shaky start, Pedro Payano retired the final 11 hitters he faced.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Carlos Garay: 2-for-3, RBI, BB
* Eliezer Alvarez: 2-for-5, 2B, R
* Pedro Payano: 5 IP, 4 H, 3 R/2 ER, 2 BB, 6 K
NEWS AND NOTES
* Frisco's 36-34 record in the second half marks the club's best single-half record since going 38-31 in the first half of 2016.
The 2019 season is set to begin April 4. The full schedule and ticket information will be released soon. Stay tuned to RidersBaseball.com for more information.
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 13 seasons (2005-2017). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis , Adrian Gonzalez , Ian Kinsler and Neftali Feliz , as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus , Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara . For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.