MIDLAND, Texas (April 11, 2019) - The Frisco RoughRiders rode a fast start to a 5-2 win over the Midland RockHounds Thursday night.
* The Riders plated three runs in the first on an RBI single from Andretty Cordero and a two-run single from Michael De Leon .
* Chuck Moorman and Preston Beck each provided insurance with solo home runs in the seventh and eighth innings, respectively.
* After yielding two runs in the first, starter Jonathan Hernandez capped his start with four scoreless frames, and relievers Walker Weickel and Jairo Beras combined for four scoreless frames of their own to seal the victory.
NOTABLE RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Jonathan Hernandez: 5 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 3 BB, 5 K (W)
* Walker Weickel: 3 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 6 K
* Preston Beck: 2-for-4, HR, RBI
NEWS AND NOTES
* Thursday's win was Frisco's fourth in a row.
* The Riders have allowed four runs or fewer in seven of the season's first eight games.
Riders at Midland, Friday, 7:00 pm
RHP Emerson Martinez (1-0, 4.76) vs. RHP Grant Holmes (0-0, 1.80)
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for xtwo consecutive years (2015 and 2016). 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftali Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.