FRISCO, Texas (July 12, 2017) - Luke Tendler stayed hot with a home run and two walks Wednesday, but the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, dropped a 5-1 decision to the San Antonio Missions at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
- Luke Tendler provided the Riders' lone run, cranking a solo home run off of the right field foul pole, cutting the deficit to 6-1 in the bottom of the sixth. Tendler finished the night 2-2 with two walks.
- Missions starter Enyel De Los Santos struck out a season-high eight batters for the win, scattering six hits and three walks over seven solid innings. The right hander yielded one run, but retired the final six men he faced.
- The Missions struck for three runs in the third inning against Riders starter Ariel Jurado . Back-to-back RBI singles by Noah Perio and Nick Schulz highlighted the rally. San Antonio boosted its lead to 5-0 with two runs in the seventh.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
- Luke Tendler: 2-2, home run, RBI, run, two walks
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa: 3-4, double
NEWS AND NOTES
- Luke Tendler has reached safely in nine consecutive plate appearances and 11 of his past 12. He is batting .380 (35-92) in his last 24 games.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa recorded his fifth three-hit game Wednesday. Kiner-Falefa leads the team with 27 multi-hit performances.
- Scott Heineman lost his 25-game on-base streak, going 0-4.
Riders vs. San Antonio, Thursday, 7:05 p.m.
Probables: RHP Tyler Davis (0-0, 1.38 ERA) vs. RHP Brett Kennedy (7-5, 3.80 ERA)
Tickets: Click here
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio App, MiLB First Pitch App
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 12 seasons (2005-2016). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. The new ownership group, together with the city of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise improvements over the past two seasons, investing nearly $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a new state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store, and the newest and biggest creation, the 174-foot Choctaw Lazy River. The upgrades made prior to the 2015 season earned the Riders and the City of Frisco "Best Ballpark Renovation" of 2015 by Ballpark Digest. The same publication also honored the Choctaw Lazy River as the best ballpark improvement over $1 million for the 2016 season. More than 130 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler, and Nelson Cruz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Art Garcia at AGarcia@RidersBaseball.com or Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.