The Hudson Valley Renegades are committed to positively impacting the lives of individuals in our local community by enhancing existing facilities into safe spaces to further develop youth skills necessary for baseball and life.
In effort to remain pillars in the community, the Renegades will enhance the betterment of youth baseball in the Hudson Valley and provide a safe playing field for young athletes by selecting one local little league field to renovate as a staff and team.
What Is the Youth Field Betterment Program?
Each year the Hudson Valley Renegades will award one (1) little league organization with a refurbishment of a field used within their community for youth baseball.
Each refurbishment will include one (1) makeover of a 46/60 or 50/70 little league field. Youth Field Betterment proposals may include, but are not limited to, improving existing spaces to increase overall usage, safety, accessibility, and inclusiveness for all participants.
Applicants must meet a series of criteria to be eligible for consideration. Please read the guidelines below to ensure your project meets the necessary measures. Applications will be evaluated based on the following:
- Increasing the access of youth participation and improving the quality of youth baseball.
- Facility enhancements to allow for inclusion of all youth to utilize the space regardless of ability.
- The organization’s ability to generate more support for the field and programming.
- The ability of the refurbishment to improve the local community.
- Developing life skills of all those who have access to the facility
Who is the Youth Field Betterment Program trying to reach?
The Youth Field Betterment program was created to help local organizations positively impact their local community by creating a safe place for their youth to further develop themselves and baseball skills. Our goal is to aid local youth organizations that aspire to provide players of all abilities with an environment that combines inclusiveness with fair play.
When we look at a submission from an organization, we are looking for constructed ideas and goals that provide a direct benefit to youth from across the Hudson Valley.
The following documents must be submitted as part of the application included in this packet, no later than March 13, 2023 (11:59 p.m. ET):
- Written confirmation of nonprofit or tax-exempt status from the appropriate governmental agency (e.g., IRS determination letter).
- List and description of key partnerships and/or supporters.
- Photo(s) of field's current condition.
All submissions on behalf of local youth organizations must come from an executive within its board and must have the approval of their active sitting board members.
Applications should be submitted via email to Marcella Costello, Manager of Community Relations, at [email protected], with “2023 YFB Program Application” in the subject line of the email.
Please note: Incomplete applications and failure to include the appropriate subject line during submission may result in ineligibility for consideration. Due to a high number of requests, please do not follow up to inquire on proposal status. Applicants will be notified via e-mail as to the status of their proposal.
Application Process and Timeline:
Once the application is received the process will then go through the following procedures:
- The Youth Field Betterment program has appointed a Board of Directors that will ensure that each application meets the mandatory requirements to continue in the process.
- Upon application approval for further vetting, all applications will be reviewed with the full intention of ensuring that the aid to the local organization positively impacts their local community by creating a safe place for their youth to further develop themselves and baseball skills.
- Should an application reach further vetting, a formal interview will be requested to assess final needs, budgeting, and approved permissions from local government and/or Parks and Recreation Board. An on-site field/facility visit may be requested by Renegades staff for further evaluation.
- Youth Field Betterment recipient will be announced the week of April 10, 2023.
For more information and the application form, click the button below.