On behalf of the Myrtle Beach Pelicans, the practices identified below represent practical best efforts to proactively invest and keep our community safe when attending functions, events and games at TicketReturn.Com Field at Pelicans Ballpark, in preparation for the 2020 season. The outlined steps and initiatives are intended to preserve the safety of the staff, players, fans, and guests.
The Pelicans will continue to follow the guidance of state and local agencies, as well as the directives of MLB to develop these policies and to determine the appropriate time for hosting events of various scopes at Pelicans Ballpark. The input of local and regional medical professionals and our health partners will also play a significant role in the continued development of the below policies and best practices.
In accordance with Myrtle Beach Executive Order #12, guests entering the ballpark will be required to wear a face covering upon entry, exit and movement throughout the concourses, restrooms, etc. Our socially distant seating plan would allow for face coverings to be removed once you are seated as the order states that face coverings are not required while spending time outside as long as physical distancing of six feet is maintained between you and anyone that is not part of your household. Click here to read the order. Click here to view FAQs about the order.
The Pelicans will operate as a cashless facility, including in the areas of food/beverage, ticketing, and merchandise. This will limit direct contact between employees and guests.
- To allow for proper social distancing, the Pelicans will limit the number of tickets in each individual seating section, thus decreasing the overall capacity of TicketReturn.Com Field.
- Seats will remain vacant to maintain proper distancing between parties.
- Group and hospitality areas will operate with reduced capacity to allow and promote proper social distancing.
- Increased regularity and scope of ballpark washdowns and cleanings
- The Pelicans will sanitize all areas of the ballpark with approved COVID-19 cleaning supplies. The Pelicans will also routinely disinfect high-traffic areas throughout the event.
- Added hand sanitizing stations for public and employee use will be available throughout the ballpark.
All staff members shall be required to wear protective masks, as necessitated by current guidelines and best practices policies.
Staff will be instructed to make the following changes to fan-facing interactions, without limitation:
- Prohibit handshaking and physical contact with guest and other employees
- Employees will be required to wear masks
- Employees handling food will be required to wear protective gloves and masks
- Prior to the start of each shift, and continuing when appropriate, employees will be required to wash their hands and put on a new pair of gloves
- Ongoing training to educate staff on new, updated guidelines and procedures
The Pelicans will encourage proper distancing upon entry, including, without limitation, walkways and sidewalks leading to ballpark entrances.
Stanchions and/or spacing markers will promote proper distancing between customers entering and exiting Pelicans Ballpark.
Additional gates, when applicable, will be utilized to create more space amongst customers waiting in lines.
Additional gates, when applicable, will be utilized to create more space amongst customers entering and exiting Pelicans Ballpark.
- Select ticket windows will be closed to ensure proper distancing between guests.
- As a general practice, no tickets will be printed and handled on-site. Instead, box office personnel will text tickets to a customer’s device.
- Stanchions and/or spacing markers will promote proper distancing between customers waiting in lines.
The Pelicans will put the following food and beverage protocols in place:
- Staff members will adhere to the most recent guidelines in regards to the use of face coverings and gloves for the safety of our staff and fans.
- Additional staff positions will be assigned specifically to disinfect surfaces before, during, and after events.
- The Pelicans will operate as a cashless facility; this includes food/beverage, ticketing, and merchandise. This will limit direct contact between employees and guests.
Additional enhancements will be added as necessary under the guidance of state and local agencies.
Posted “Stop the Spread” and “COVID-19” signage in areas with high visibility to fans, employees and team personnel.
Other awareness and instructional signage posted throughout the ballpark.
Frequent video and public address announcements will promote proper cleanliness, distancing and similar health practices for customers.
- Restrooms will be sanitized frequently with disinfectant along all surfaces on a regular basis.
- Every other sink and urinal will be disabled to allow for proper distancing.
- The physical location of the Pelicans Pro Shop is currently closed; however the online store is open 24/7 at pelicans.milbstore.com.