TULSA, Okla. (April 14, 2018) - Despite a big evening from Dallas native Preston Beck , the Frisco RoughRiders, Double-A affiliate of the Rangers, fell 5-4 to the Tulsa Drillers in Saturday's series finale at ONEOK Field.
- With the Riders behind 2-1 in the sixth, Beck launched a go-ahead, two-run homer to right field, his first long ball of the season. Beck finished the night 2-for-4, his second consecutive multi-hit game.
- Tulsa tied the game in the sixth on a solo home run from Michael Ahmed and grabbed the lead in the seventh on back-to-back dingers from Will Smith and Connor Joe .
- Riders starter Pedro Payano yielded two unearned runs on six hits across 4 2/3 innings of work, striking out six in a no-decision. Payano escaped bases loaded jams in the second and third innings, surrendering just one run between the two frames.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
- Preston Beck: 2-for-4, HR, 2 RBI
- Hunter Cole: 2-for-3, 2B, BB, 3 R
- Chuck Moorman: 1-for-4, RBI double
- Pedro Payano: 4 2/3 IP, 6 H, 2 R (0 ER), 2 BB, 6 K
NEWS AND NOTES
- Beck is 4-for-9 with three RBIs in his last two games after starting the season 1-for-23.
- Hunter Cole has five multi-hit games in his first eight contests this season.
- Jose Trevino extended his hitting streak to six games with a single in the first inning.
Riders at Springfield, Sunday, 4:10 p.m.
Probables: LHP Brett Martin (0-1, 5.40) vs. RHP Connor Jones (1-0, 5.40 ERA)
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio, First Pitch App
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 13 seasons (2005-2017). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis , Adrian Gonzalez , Ian Kinsler and Neftali Feliz , as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus , Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara . For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Art Garcia atAGarcia@RidersBaseball.com or Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.