TULSA, OK (April 17, 2017) - The Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, scored six runs in the first four innings but dropped a 7-6 decision to the Tulsa Drillers in 10 innings to open a three-game set at ONEOK Field on Monday night.
- In the bottom of the tenth, Tulsa's Tim Locastro drove in the game-winning run with an RBI double to complete the Drillers' comeback victory.
- Trailing 2-1 in the second inning, Michael De Leon cranked a three-run home run to right field, putting the Riders ahead 4-2. Frisco added two more runs in the fourth, including an RBI double from Scott Heineman, to make it 6-2.
- Tulsa scored single runs in the fifth, sixth, and seventh before tying the game in the bottom of the ninth inning off Riders reliever Adam Loewen.
- The Drillers scored their first four runs on a trio of home runs from Edwin Rios, Jose Fernandez and Paul Hoenecke. It marked the first time this season that the Riders have allowed three long balls.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
- Michael De Leon: 2-4, home run, three RBIs, walk
- Matt Lipka: 2-5, two runs, stolen base
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa: 2-5, run, stolen base
- Collin Wiles: ND, 5.0 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, 5 K, 1 BB
NEWS AND NOTES
- After defeating Springfield Friday night in ten innings, the Riders dropped their first extra-inning contest of the season.
- With a run in the first inning on Monday, the Riders have scored 11 runs in the opening frame, the most of any inning this season.
- Scott Heineman extended his hitting and on-base streak to nine games with an RBI double in the fourth inning.
RoughRiders at Tulsa, Tuesday, 7:05 p.m.
Probables: RHP Connor Sadzeck (0-1, 7.20 ERA) vs. RHP Scott Barlow (0-1, 4.70 ERA)
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio App, MiLB First Pitch App
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 12 seasons (2005-2016). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. The new ownership group, together with the city of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise improvements over the past two seasons, investing nearly $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a new state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store, and the newest and biggest creation, the 174-foot Choctaw Lazy River. The upgrades made prior to the 2015 season earned the Riders and the City of Frisco "Best Ballpark Renovation" of 2015 by Ballpark Digest. The same publication also honored the Choctaw Lazy River as the best ballpark improvement over $1 million for the 2016 season. More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler, and Nelson Cruz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Art Garcia at AGarcia@RidersBaseball.com or Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.