Summary of Job:
The Accounting Intern will provide administrative support to the Salem Red Sox Accounting and Management Team. Administrative duties may include, but are not limited to, assisting with handling A/P and A/R responsibilities, cash handling, and general clerical duties.
Duration of the Accounting Internship is February through September 2020. The Organization is seasonal and contingent on the Minor League Baseball schedule: April to August. During the season, the person selected for this position will have to work nights and weekends, when the team is playing at home.
A successful candidate will have the ability to focus on, prioritize and balance the administrative duties.
This individual should be comfortable communicating extensively via telephone or electronic means. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data entry of Accounts Payable invoices; matching AP checks to back-up for accounting approval; mailing signed checks and filing back-up for audit records
- Data entry of Accounts Receivable activities; billing sponsorship invoices; entry of sponsorship and non-AR cash deposits; filing back-up for audit records
- Assist with producing and mailing out monthly AR statements
- Assist with AR collection activity
- File maintenance: maintain vendor files; ensure compliance
- Provide general administrative/accounting support including copying, filing, correspondence, and telephone inquiries
- Additional duties as assigned by your immediate supervisor and/or management team
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 1-2 years of college coursework completed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple tasks in a flexible but professional manner.
- Self-directed in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work extended hours, including nights and weekends, as the job requires during the season
- Adhere to highest standards of confidentiality and discretion in all proprietary business, financial and employment matters while maintaining open, direct, positive and objective lines of communication with management
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.