The 2018 Mud Hens season is filled with promotions for every age! We'll be bringing back some all-time favorites, remembering iconic moments, celebrating our city, and reminding you that nights at the ballpark are truly the best part of summer. Our players will don specialty jerseys throughout the season to raise money for local charities. Fans will go home with fun giveaways and plenty of new memories with family and friends. Mark your calendar, the 2018 season opens on Thursday, April 12.
TOP PROMOS OF 2018
Princess Palooza - June 15
Once upon a time at Fifth Third Field, hundreds of princesses suddenly appeared! It will be happily ever after on Friday, June 15 as fairy tale characters big and small join us for this magical evening! The event will feature free photo opportunities, beauty stations, sing-alongs and much more!
Harry Potter Night - June 30
The magic continues when Fifth Third Field transforms once again into Diagon Alley on June 30. This favorite promotion from last season will have you apparating through Platform 9 ¾ to Ollivander's Wand Shop, a Quidditch pitch, and all of the Hogwarts houses. Who knows, you may even spot a Golden Snitch fluttering around! The Mud Hens will don Wizard Jerseys on the field and a pregame Wizard Party will delight muggles and wizards alike!
Rock 'N' Blast - July 3
Ten thousand fans witnessed it last year, don't miss this season's best fireworks display! The Rock 'N' Blast postgame fireworks extend all the way around the ballpark to create a visual performance unlike any other in Toledo! The 20-minute show, synced to music, features fireworks shooting from the rooftops, Fifth Third Field warning track, and Monroe Street.
Opening Day - April 12
Cue the good time! Parties on the rooftops. Brewfest in the Home Run Terrace. Hensville Block Party. Live music. Mud Hens on the field. Opening Day-- the biggest party of the year! No more words needed except… Don't Miss It!
Hensville Inflatable Theme Park
"What, you say, that isn't new"? Ah, but it is and it is bigger and better than ever! This season the Mud Hens will introduce an all-new lineup of 14 Mud Hens and Walleye inflatable games featured in Hensville Park during seven Sunday games. The theme park is free to anyone with a Mud Hens ticket.
Themed Craft Beer Tastings - May 25, July 20, August 24
Our Craft Beer Tastings always sellout and this year we're making them even better! Each tasting will be themed and will feature specialty beers and food to match that theme. We kick off the season Memorial Day Weekend with BBQ & Brews; followed by a Christmas in July holiday extravaganza; and wrap it up with a Retro Beer & 90s tasting.
80s Night - June 8
90s night was so popular that we've added a gnarly 80s Night! The Friday, June 8 Mud Hens game will feature all of the most righteous songs, TV shows, and movie clips from the most radical decade of all, along with a Kirby Puckett bobblehead giveaway and an 80s cover band in Hensville Park.
Don't worry, 90s Night is back on August 24 with live music from a 90s cover band, Jose Lima bobblehead and plenty of room to "get jiggy with it"!
- Star Wars - May 26
- You Will Do Better in Toledo "419"- June 16
- Harry Potter - June 30
- The Flock Appreciation - August 4
- Jim Leyland Bobblehead - May 25
- Kirby Puckett Bobblehead - June 8
- Youth Replica Jersey - June 29
- Mud Hens Beach Towel - July 19
- Jose "Lima-Time" Lima Bobblehead - August 24
- Star Wars Night - May 26
- Veterans Appreciation Night - June 9
- You Will Do Better in Toledo Night - June 16
- Father's Day - June 17
- Eggs & Bacon Night - July 21
- Superhero Night - August 3
- Home Plate Event - August 5
- School Celebration Days - May 2, May 8, May 16, May 17
- Hens & Hounds - May 25, June 29, August 26
- Boy Scout Sleepovers - May 19, June 8, June 16
- Girl Scout Sleepovers - June 15, August 3
- Inflatable Theme Parks - Select Sunday games
- Celebrity Sundays - Select Sunday games
- Hensville Live! - Fridays & Saturdays starting Memorial Day Weekend with bonus holiday dates
- Kids Run the Bases - Every Sunday
- Postgame Fireworks - Fridays, Saturdays, & Sundays starting Memorial Day Weekend
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.