CALLING ALL STUDENTS! The Altoona Curve recognize our area's finest teachers each spring! If you'd like to nominate your teacher, please fill out the form below and explain why you are nominating him or her to be an Altoona Curve Teacher of the Year, presented by 1st SUMMIT BANK.
Nomination deadline: March 31
Here's how it works:
- Any Kindergarten through 12th grade teacher is eligible to be nominated by a student. For students not able to complete the nomination on their own, parents are encouraged to complete it on their behalf.
- Every nominated teacher (by a student) will receive two (2) complimentary Grandstand tickets to our Teacher Appreciation Night on Saturday, April 27. An Altoona Curve ticket representative will be in touch after receiving the nomination.
- Three (3) teachers will be chosen as our Teachers of the Year and will receive a $100 cash prize as well as gifts from both the Curve and 1st SUMMIT BANK.
- All nominated teachers will be invited to a pregame on-field ceremony on April 27 where our three winners will be revealed.
- Deadline to nominate a teacher is March 31.
NOTE: Students under age 13 are encouraged to use their parent/guardian date of birth to complete the nomination form.
Teacher Supply Drive
In conjunction with our Teacher Appreciation Night on April 27, we'll also be hosting a Teacher Supply Drive to benefit area teachers and their students. Donations of NEW items can be dropped off at the gates or to the Customer Service booth located on the main concourse. Check out a suggested list of items below.
Suggested Donation Items:
- Post-it Notes
- Colored Cardstock
- Fine-Tip Markers
- Dry Erase Markers
- Pencil Pouches
- Spiral Notebooks
- Clorox Wipes