SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (April 29, 2019) - With his dad in the stands, Josh Altmann homered and equaled a career-high with four RBIs, as the RoughRiders knocked off Springfield 9-1 in Monday's series finale at Hammons Field.SYNOPSIS* Altmann's three-run homer was part of a five-run sixth inning which put the Riders ahead
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (April 29, 2019) - With his dad in the stands, Josh Altmann homered and equaled a career-high with four RBIs, as the RoughRiders knocked off Springfield 9-1 in Monday's series finale at Hammons Field.
* Altmann's three-run homer was part of a five-run sixth inning which put the Riders ahead 8-0. Altmann's other RBI came on a single in the fourth.
* Starter Pedro Payano turned in another strong start, allowing one run across his 5 1/3 innings, while striking out seven. The righty opened with five scoreless frames and earned his third win of the year.
* Eliezer Álvarez got the Riders on the board with a two-run homer in the third.
NOTABLE RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Josh Altmann: 2-for-5, HR, 4 RBI
* Eliezer Alvarez: 2-for-4, HR, 2 RBI, 2 R
* Pedro Payano: 5 1/3 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 7 K (W)
NEWS AND NOTES
* In two starts on the road trip, Payano combined to allow one run on five hits in 10 1/3 innings, while striking out 16.
* Altmann finished the road trip 8-for-25 (.320) with two doubles, a home run and seven RBIs.
Riders vs. Arkansas, Wednesday, 11:05 am
RHP Jonathan Hernández (1-2, 7.16) vs. RHP Nabil Crismatt (0-0, 3.60)
Get your tickets here
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for xtwo consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].