FRISCO, Texas (June 16, 2018) - With the help of a great all-around night from Eliezer Álvarez and superb pitching from starter Tyler Wagner , the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, edged the San Antonio Missions 3-1 Saturday at Dr Pepper Ballpark.BIG MOMENTS* Alvarez finished the night
FRISCO, Texas (June 16, 2018) - With the help of a great all-around night from Eliezer Álvarez and superb pitching from starter Tyler Wagner , the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, edged the San Antonio Missions 3-1 Saturday at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
* Alvarez finished the night 3-for-4 at the plate with an RBI single and made three spectacular catches in left field.
* The Riders plated all three of their runs in the bottom of the fourth inning.
* Wagner worked seven strong innings, allowing just one run on three hits, while striking out a season-high six batters to earn the win.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Tyler Wagner: 7 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 6 K (W)
* Eliezer Alvarez: 3-for-4, RBI
* Michael De Leon: 3-for-4, R
NEWS AND NOTES
* Riders pitching allowed a season-low three hits in Saturday's win.
* Frisco arms combined to yield just eight runs in the four-game series against San Antonio.
* Michael De Leon recorded his fourth three-hit game of the year, already surpassing his total from all of last year (3).
Riders at Midland, Sunday, 4:00 p.m.
Probables: RHP Jonathan Hernández (0-1, 13.50) vs. LHP Jesus Luzardo (3-3, 3.80)
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio, First Pitch App
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 13 seasons (2005-2017). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis , Adrián González , Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz , as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus , Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara . For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].