SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (Aug. 29, 2019) - Charles Leblanc continued his recent surge at the plate in a 13-9 loss to Springfield Thursday night.SYNOPSIS* Leblanc finished 4-for-5 with three RBIs and fell a triple shy of the cycle. It was his second-career four-hit game.* The Riders scored six times in the sixth,
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (Aug. 29, 2019) - Charles Leblanc continued his recent surge at the plate in a 13-9 loss to Springfield Thursday night.
* Leblanc finished 4-for-5 with three RBIs and fell a triple shy of the cycle. It was his second-career four-hit game.
* The Riders scored six times in the sixth, highlighted by home runs from Juremi Profar and Ryan Dorow , before Springfield regained the lead with an eight-run seventh.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Charles Leblanc: 4-for-5, 2B, HR, 3 RBI
* Ryan Dorow: 2-for-4, HR, 3 RBI
NEWS AND NOTES
* Leblanc is 18-for-53 with three homers and 11 RBIs in his last 14 games after going 0-for-29 in his previous eight.
* Leody Taveras finished the four-game series 9-for-18.
Riders at NW Arkansas, Friday, 7:05 pm
RHP Jason Bahr (3-3, 3.63) vs. RHP Jackson Kowar (2-6, 3.28)
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 15 seasons (2005-2019). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 160 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including current Rangers players Elvis Andrus, Nomar Mazara and Joey Gallo. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].