FRISCO, Texas (April 6, 2019) - The Frisco RoughRiders knocked off the Midland RockHounds Saturday at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
* Trailing 3-2 in the fifth, the Riders tied the game on an RBI single from Christian Lopes and scored the decisive run later in the frame on a dropped third strike.
* Relievers Jefferson Medina, James Jones and Blake Bass combined for 3 1/3 scoreless innings to close out the victory.
* Starter Emerson Martinez bounced back from a tough third inning to earn the win in his season debut.
NOTABLE RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Emerson Martinez: 5 2/3 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 4 K (W)
* Blake Bass: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K (S)
* Michael De Leon: 2-for-3, 2 RBI, R
NEWS AND NOTES
* Riders relievers have combined for 6 2/3 scoreless innings the last two nights, yielding just three hits, no walks and logging 10 strikeouts.
* The Riders moved to 2-1 on the year, sporting their first record above .500 since starting 2017 12-11.
Riders vs. Midland, Sunday, 4:05 pm
LHP Joe Palumbo (first app.) vs. RHP Grant Holmes (first app.)
Get your tickets here
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for xtwo consecutive years (2015 and 2016). 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftali Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.