FRISCO, Texas (Aug. 22, 2019) - The Riders fell 8-4 in Thursday's rubber match against Springfield at Dr Pepper Ballpark.SYNOPSIS* Tony Sanchez homered to begin a two-run seventh inning, pushing his hitting streak to seven games in the process.* Reliever Walker Weickel tossed 2 2/3 scoreless innings and hasn't allowed a
FRISCO, Texas (Aug. 22, 2019) - The Riders fell 8-4 in Thursday's rubber match against Springfield at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
* Tony Sanchez homered to begin a two-run seventh inning, pushing his hitting streak to seven games in the process.
* Reliever Walker Weickel tossed 2 2/3 scoreless innings and hasn't allowed a run in his last 13 frames.
* The Riders tied the game 1-1 in the bottom of the third on an RBI from Eliezer Álvarez before Springfield broke the tie with a five-run fifth.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Collin Wiles: 4 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
* Walker Weickel: 2 2/3 IP, 1 H, 0 ER
* Tony Sanchez: 1-for-4, HR, RBI
NEWS AND NOTES
* Weickel's scoreless streak is his second-longest this season. He tossed 17 2/3 scoreless innings April 4-May 3.
Riders vs. NW Arkansas, Friday, 7:05 pm
RHP Edgar Arredondo (7-3, 4.25) vs. RHP Scott Blewett (0-3, 6.23)
Get your tickets here
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].