GSSD Teacher & Administrators Info
Here is the necessary event information for Grand Slam School Day!
- Game Times
Grand Slam School Day games start promptly at 11:05 a.m. If your students are participating in any pre-game events including anthems, or first pitches, your sales representative will work with you to coordinate a specific arrival time.
- Ticket Prices
Box seats (theater-style chair with back and arm rests) $10.00, Bleacher seats $9.00, Lawn seats $7.00 for Grand Slam School Days only. No payment is needed to reserve tickets, we will hold the seats you think you will need now and you won't need to pay until 45 days before the game.
Your school can pre-order customized t-shirts for every member of your group for just $10.00 per shirt, with a minimum of 20 shirts. Shirts are printed with both a limited Lugnuts logo on the back and your one color school logo on the front. Ask your sales representative for details and samples.
Students, faculty, staff, and chaperones can enjoy a specialized, affordable menu at our concessions. Special options are available for schools that require a food option at the ballpark. Contact your Group Sales Representative for more information. Food may not be brought into Jackson® Field™ and will be strictly enforced.
- Lugnut Loot
A great way to treat the kids to food. If your school or PTA/PTO organization wants kids to receive a gift, this fun money can be pre-purchased in $1 and $5 increments. (Lugnut Loot are the voucher currency that can be used on food, retail items or additional tickets at Jackson® Field™)
- Educational Science Activities provided by Impression 5 Science Center
The Lugnuts are teaming up with Impression 5 Science Center in Lansing to bring a new level of educational fun to Jackson® Field™ for our Grand Slam School Days. Impression 5 will bring out several science activities for kids to do and observe while they take in a Lugnuts game and walk around the stadium
- Educational Materials
Click on the links below to download either the Elementary or Middle School level copies of the Grand Slam School Day Curriculum Packets. These Packets will bring baseball into the classroom and help make your trip educational as well as fun!
We also have an education curriculum packet provided by the National Baseball Hall of Fame! The curriculum packet can be accessed from the following link: https://baseballhall.org/discover-more/education/curriculum
Call 517-485-4500 to speak with our group sales representatives.
ALREADY CONFIRMED YOUR ORDER?
- "The fifth graders have been "Going Nuts" during the "Grand Slam School Day" for several years now. Everybody, including the parents, really enjoys this field trip. The Lugnuts staff make it so easy to plan such a fun day."
- Brandi Schuller, teacher; Most Holy Trinity Catholic School, Fowler, MI
- "We have used the Lugnuts School Day as a reward for students with exceptional behavior for the last several years and have found it to be a great experience for our students. The Lugnuts staff are helpful, easy to work with and provide excellent service. The educational materials that are made available are fun and informative, the ticketing process is easy and the day-of-game information complete and easy to understand. In all, a pleasure from start to finish!"
- Dianne Palmer, event organizer; Waverly Middle School, Lansing, MI