- Slime Lab - Students explore the properties of matter and create their own bag of slime to take home.
- Science Studio - Force and Motion Challenge - An engineering design challenge where students work together to create a track to slow down a marble on a ramp and learn about different forces acting on the marble as well as the different way objects can move.
- Chromatography Buttons - Students use the science of chemistry to separate colors from sharpies to create unique designs they can turn into a button.
- Dancing Oobleck - Students are able to investigate non-Newtonian fluid (materials that act as a liquid and a solid) properties by using a mixture of cornstarch and water and an amp.
- Theremin - Students can learn about sound and how to play a unique musical instrument that uses electronic waves and movement of hands to create various sounds.
- Fly Sticks - Students will learn about static electricity and use a device that generates electricity and allows pieces of Mylar of various shapes to hover in the air.
What Are Grand Slam School Days?
Grand Slam School Days are devoted to teachers and students of all ages for a special field trip together that they can look forward to year after year. We realize you have fewer outside classroom activities than ever before and you need these to be effective, educational, efficient, easy and safe to execute.
In 2019, crowds totaling over 16,000 attended these events and left with memories and magic. They had heartfelt thanks to teachers and parents for allowing them the chance to attend.
The Lansing Lugnuts are committed to rewards and recognition for students and have created the framework of these days to do just that. Unlike a water park trip or even a bus ride to Detroit, we offer a chance for classroom learning that compliments the day at the park and has designed very specific ways for a variety of students to shine.
A Great Teaching Opportunity
Our educational curriculum exercises have been designed to be aligned with State of Michigan College and Career Ready Standards and allow teachers the chance to tie in this event in all areas of learning. Packets are available for all ages and exercises are tailored by subject and by age. This curriculum is approved by the State of Michigan Board of Education. The Lugnuts also have educational curriculum provided by the National Baseball Hall of Fame allowing more opportunity to combine educational topics with the great game of baseball."
Returning for 2020! The Lugnuts are teaming up with Impression 5 Science Center to bring fun, educational science activities to Cooley Law School Stadium during the Grand Slam School Days. They will be located throughout the stadium on the concourse.
We Help with the Legwork
The Lugnuts offer a wide variety of promotional tools and organizational tools to help customize your event for your grade, your parents or your entire school. We have ideas about earning the privilege to attend as well as reward devices for those you tell us to stand out in the region.
A Fun Time for Students
We offer the chance to reserve tickets, with no financial obligation until 45 days in advance of the event day you pick. If you are a renewing school you have priority privilege to pick your dates before any other schools
We Have More Date Options
Don't know if a day game or a night game is better? We can help! Grand Slam School Night on Friday, May 1st, is a great way to include families and develop camaraderie between faculty, students and parents. It is also a great option for younger grade outings. Other night game dates are available later in the season. Learn more >
Grand Slam School Day #1
Tuesday, May 12, 2020
Grand Slam School Day #2
Wednesday, May 13, 2020
Grand Slam School Day #3
Wednesday, May 27, 2020
Grand Slam School Night
Friday, May 1, 2020
We have worked with statewide testing dates and busing needs to provide options for all schools. Preferred dates fill up quickly so don't delay. Let us know how we can help you make your decision.
Want to get your event set up?
Please call our Group Sales Department at 517-485-4500 or email your Sales Representative. For general information e-mail Senior Manager of Sales and Ticket Services Eric Pionk at email@example.com