Impression 5 Science Center activities:
- Slime Lab - Students explore the properties of matter and create their own bag of slime to take home.
- Science Studio - Force and Motion Challenge - An engineering design challenge where students work together to create a track to slow down a marble on a ramp and learn about different forces acting on the marble as well as the different way objects can move.
- Chromatography Buttons - Students use the science of chemistry to separate colors from sharpies to create unique designs they can turn into a button.
- Dancing Oobleck - Students are able to investigate non-Newtonian fluid (materials that act as a liquid and a solid) properties by using a mixture of cornstarch and water and an amp.
- Theremin - Students can learn about sound and how to play a unique musical instrument that uses electronic waves and movement of hands to create various sounds.
- Fly Sticks - Students will learn about static electricity and use a device that generates electricity and allows pieces of Mylar of various shapes to hover in the air.