ROCHESTER, NY - The Rochester Red Wings have partnered with Autism Speaks to host an Autism Awareness Day at the ballpark on April 21st when the Red Wings host the Columbus Clippers at 1:05pm.
The Red Wings and Autism Speaks aim to create an environment that will allow families dealing with Autism to enjoy a day at Frontier Field, while also raising awareness for Autism, a disorder that affects 1 in 68 American Children.
Senior Coordinator of Autism Speaks, Jessica Joanis, explained the importance of an event like this. "For the ninth year, Autism Speaks will kick-off World Autism Month in April, and begin a month-long calendar of events and activities in support of the Autism community. Local partnerships such as Autism Awareness Day with the Rochester Red Wings helps us to increase support, understanding and acceptance of people with Autism across the spectrum and throughout the life span. We hope you will join us for the game on Saturday, April 21, as we light the world blue."
Some components of Autism Awareness Day are as follows:
• Lower volume levels throughout the stadium along with other fan-friendly adjustments
• In-game production will be altered to minimize abrupt sound effects and video board displays
• Fans are asked to refrain from bringing "noise makers" that day
• Limited number of Blue pom-poms will be available at the Autism Speaks table to substitute for noise makers
• A Safe Zone located in the PERCH will be open all game long for children in need of a quiet reprieve from the game.
• Designated Autism Aware Section, reserved exclusively for guests with family members on the Autism spectrum. Tickets available now.
To purchase tickets in an exclusive Autism Aware Section contact: Mike Ewing at (585) 454-1001 ext. 3036 or MEwing@RedWingsBaseball.com.
Visit www.TicketReturn.com and use the login: Username: Autism18 Password: Speaks
As part of our Autism Awareness Day we are holding an auction benefitting Autism Speaks. The auction will run from Monday, April 16 until 2:30 pm on the day of the game on April 21. We've partnered with LiveSource for all of our auctions in 2018. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON HOW TO START BIDDING USING THE LIVESOURCE APP.
Below is a list of items available for auction:
- The first pitch thrown of the 2018 season + Joel Skinner's Opening Day lineup card.
- Zack Granite signed baseball
- Aaron Slegers signed baseball
- Jake Cave signed baseball
- Fernando Romero signed baseball
- Kennys Vargas signed baseball
- First Pitch opportunity (at agreed upon game) + 4 tickets
- Watch batting practice on field (at agreed upon game) + 4 tickets
- Bat Boy opportunity (at agreed upon game) + 4 tickets
- Guest PA appearance for one inning (at agreed upon game) + 4 tickets
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.