Dell Diamond will transform into the largest classroom in Central Texas on Monday, April 15 for the third annual Education Day with the Round Rock Express! There will be exhibits throughout the ballpark covering subjects like science, history, geography and math plus college admissions officers, recruiters, giveaways and more.
Education Day is open to all students from kindergarten through 12th grade. Give your students a fun opportunity to learn, grow, play and see future Houston Astros players take the field against the reigning Triple-A National Champion Memphis Redbirds.
Interested in bringing your class or school to Dell Diamond for Express Education Day? Please complete our Education Day Form.
Education Day Details
When: Monday, April 15, 2019
Gates Open: 8:30 a.m.
First Pitch: 11:35 a.m.
Opponent: Round Rock Express vs. Memphis Redbirds
$5, plus tax, per person general admission berm tickets (outfield lawn)
$8, plus tax, per person infield reserved seats
Documentation must be provided to receive tax-exempt pricing
Tickets must be purchased in advance
Please note, a map of all activities, including bus routes, and a detailed timeline of the day will be provided by March 15, 2019.
Vendors, Colleges & Career Fair Attendees
Vendors, colleges and career fair attendees will be at Dell Diamond from 8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. While we encourage groups to arrive as early as possible, you will not miss out should you arrive to the ballpark later due to restrictions on when buses can be used or when students are allowed to leave campus.
High School Students:
- Once dropped off, you will be guided to the College and Career Fair on the third base concourse.
Elementary and Middle School Students:
- Once dropped off, you will be guided to sit in front of either the first or third base dugouts for our Education Day Presentation or guided to the vendor area on the first base concourse depending on arrival time.
The presenters for Express Education Day are Mad Science, Tim Cole the Herpetologist and Texas Disposal Systems (TDS). There will be two rounds of the same presentation in order to accommodate various dropoff times. Ballpark guest service employees will guide you to either enjoy the presentation first and then visit vendor tables along the first base concourse or vice versa depending on your arrival time.
Please note, if you purchase infield reserved tickets, please do not plan to sit in your assigned seats until presentations have concluded.
9:30 a.m. on the first base dugout
10:05 a.m. on the third base dugout
We encourage all groups to take advantage of our Monday $1 hot dogs and sodas promotion, presented by Mrs Baird's. This special will be available at all ballpark storefronts.
For orders of 20 hot dogs or more:
- From March 4 to March 20, teachers or chaperones will be able to place an order for 20 hot dogs or more via an online form to be provided at a later date. There will be a designated pick-up area in the ballpark for these orders beginning at 11:15 a.m. and only the designated pick-up person may collect orders to distribute to students.
- Parking at Dell Diamond is $10 for all Round Rock Express games. Vehicles marked for a specific school, school district or the like may park for free for Education Day on Monday, April 15 only.
- Buses may enter the ballpark grounds from the east side of the property, near Hat Creek Burger Company, and they will be directed to a designed dropoff area on the west side of Dell Diamond. Round Rock Police will direct traffic on the road around the ballpark and other guest service employees will help guide students and buses from the dropoff area to the activities inside Dell Diamond.