- Altoona Curve Charities accepts grant applications from 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations that specifically support local youth programs which promote exercise, health, activity or education.
- Organization must be a 501(c)(3) with a federal tax-exempt letter.
- Grants may be awarded in the form of financial assistance or facility renovations by our staff and groundskeeper, depending on the needs of the organization.
- Requests can be made for up to $15,000.
- Awardees must agree to a site visit and return a final grant report demonstrating project completion and ability to maintain renovations to the facility.
- Grants will only be awarded to eligible organizations with a federal tax-exempt letter that operate in the following Pennsylvania counties: Blair, Cambria, Centre, Bedford, Somerset, Huntingdon, Indiana, Clearfield, Fulton, Clarion, Jefferson, Elk, Westmoreland, Armstrong and Allegany, MD.
- Grants will not be made for general operating costs, routine maintenance, salaries, personal scholarships, debt reduction, fundraising events, or the purchase of land or parking lots.
The Altoona Curve Charities grant program does not support the following:
- Organizations that discriminate with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, age, ancestry, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status
- Individuals or private foundations
Requests for funding should be submitted in PDF format and include at least the following items. Unique visual proposals are encouraged.
• The organization's mission statement and goals and how they align with Altoona Curve Charities' mission
• A description of the project or program you are seeking support for
• The specific use of the grant funds for this project or program
• Total project or program budget
• Briefly describe any other financial contributions committed to this project or program
• Number of children to be served by the project, including anticipated percent of economically disadvantaged youth and youth with disabilities
• Project's timeline and target completion date
• The counties your organization serves that will benefit from this project
• What will be the impact on the project or program if an ACC grant is not provided
- Grant applications for 2023 will open on October 2 and close on December 15.
- Organizations must complete an application and submit all required documents for consideration. Applications must be submitted through the online form below, or by downloading and emailing the completed application to Annie at [email protected]. Handwritten applications will not be accepted.
- Please note: the form does not have auto-save capabilities, so your work cannot be saved to be completed at a later time.
- Altoona Curve Charities may receive more requests for support than it can fund. Therefore, some requests may be declined despite meeting all qualifications. All applications will receive a response to their grant request within three months of the application deadline.
The grant window for 2023 will open on October 2.