Here's how easy Auggie's Reading Program can be for your school!
For the 2020 season, all Aiken County Public Schools, Columbia County Public Schools, and Richmond County Schools are automatically enrolled in Auggie's Reading Program. The GreenJackets, in partnership with each county's Board of Education, have worked together so all students grades K-8 (depending on your district) are already a part of this very successful program. Other schools across the CSRA are encouraged to participate as well!
1. Contact the GreenJackets
- Review the below material
- Call the GreenJackets with any questions
2. Sign Up
- Sign up online by clicking below (a GreenJackets representative will contact you once you submit) or
- Mail your Enrollment Form back to the GreenJackets (Augusta GreenJackets Attn: 2020 Auggie's Reading Program: 187 Railroad Ave. North Augusta, SC 29841)
3. Set Reading Requirements
- Auggie's Reading Program is a four-week program divided into four sections, each representing a "base" on the baseball diamond. Once students complete an assignment, they will advance to the next base! The goal is to hit a "home run" by the end of the designated time frame set by the Teacher, Librarians or Media Specialists.
- Teachers, Librarians, Media Specialists work with students to set requirements and goals. Goals can be set by the number of books, number of pages, number of hours spent reading, etc.
- Each base the student completes comes with a prize from one of the Auggie's Reading Program sponsors.
4. Track Student Progress
- Track the progress of each student by using the Reading Program poster that is provided by the GreenJackets. There will be a section to put the student's names who have completed reading requirements for 1st base, 2nd base, 3rd base and who hit a home run.
- More ways to track student progress: Create a board in which students can move their names around the baseball diamond as they complete their reading requirements.
5. Complete the Program
- Once you have got to your cut-off day, contact the GreenJackets with a number of students who completed the program and hit a home run.
- The GreenJackets will distribute game tickets to each school for the students who reached their reading goals and hit a home run! Ticket order forms will also be attached for family members so that they can watch the game with the students.
6. Enjoy YOUR SCHOOLS day at SRP Park
- Watch your students enjoy a day out at SRP Park and celebrating their accomplishment of hitting a home run!
- Auggie's Reading Program schools and home run hitters will be recognized with a pre-game parade around the warning track on their game date! Schools are encouraged to make banners around the theme of "Reading is Fun" to display during the pre-game parade and each reading game one class will win a special prize!
- GreenJackets Appearance
- Schedule an appearance by Auggie to come out and help promote Auggie's Reading Program by doing a short performance to Auggie at the Bat, visiting classrooms, leading the charge in your Reading Parade, etc.
- Eady-To-Start Program
- We provide all the materials you will need to run the program
- Discounted ticket
- Educators will get a discounted ticket to the game
- Fun way to encourage students to read and reward them along the way of the program for reaching their reading goals.
- Game Day Rewards
- Earn a FREE ticket to a GreenJackets baseball game
- Get recognition by walking in the Pre-Game parade with their class/school
- Additional Tickets
- Discounts available for families of students who complete the program.