DUE TO THE CANCELLATION OF THE 2020 SEASON, REGISTRATION FOR THE READING PROGRAM HAS BEEN PAUSED. If you are a participating school, please contact Ty Jamieson at [email protected] for next steps.
Here's how easy the Columbia Fireflies Reading Program can be for your school!
FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE STEPS!
1. CONTACT THE FIREFLIES
- Review the enclosed material.
- Call the Fireflies with any questions.
2. SIGN UP
- Complete the online enrollment form below.
3. SET READING REQUIREMENTS
- Educators work with students to set requirements and goals. Goals can be set by number of books, number of pages, hours spent reading, etc.
- THE FIREFLIES READING PROGRAM CAN BE USED TO SUPPLEMENT YOUR EXISTING PROGRAM.
- Lesson plans are available here.
4. TRACK STUDENT PROGRESS
- Track the progress of each student to Home Plate. All materials are provided by the Fireflies.
5. COMPLETE THE PROGRAM
- Distribute ticket order forms to students.
6. ENJOY YOUR DAY AT SEGRA PARK
- Enjoy your complimentary ticket, hot dog and drink at a Fireflies baseball game!
- FIREFLIES APPEARANCE Schedule an appearance by the mascot.
- EASY-TO-START PROGRAM We provide all the materials you will need to run the program.
- FREE TICKET Educators get a free ticket to the game, too.
- EDUCATIONAL Fun way to encourage reading development.
- GAME DAY REWARDS FREE Fireflies ticket
- FREE hot dog, chips, drink voucher at the game
- Grand Prize redeemable when student attends the game
- Additional base prizes
- ADDITIONAL TICKETS Discounts available for families of students who complete the program.