Fireflies Reading Program
2020 Reading Program Enrollment is NOW OPEN. Deadline to enroll your school is December 6, 2019.
Here's how easy the Columbia Fireflies Reading Program can be for your school!
FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE STEPS!
1. CONTACT THE FIREFLIES
- Review the enclosed material.
- Call the Fireflies with any questions.
2. SIGN UP
- Complete the online enrollment form below.
3. SET READING REQUIREMENTS
- Educators work with students to set requirements and goals. Goals can be set by number of books, number of pages, hours spent reading, etc.
- THE FIREFLIES READING PROGRAM CAN BE USED TO SUPPLEMENT YOUR EXISTING PROGRAM.
- Lesson plans are available here.
4. TRACK STUDENT PROGRESS
- Track the progress of each student to Home Plate. All materials are provided by the Fireflies.
5. COMPLETE THE PROGRAM
- Distribute ticket order forms to students.
6. ENJOY YOUR DAY AT SEGRA PARK
- Enjoy your complimentary ticket, hot dog and drink at a Fireflies baseball game!
- FIREFLIES APPEARANCE
- Schedule an appearance by the mascot.
- EASY-TO-START PROGRAM
- We provide all the materials you will need to run the program.
- FREE TICKET
- Educators get a free ticket to the game, too.
- Fun way to encourage reading development.
- GAME DAY REWARDS
- FREE Fireflies ticket
- FREE hot dog, chips, drink voucher at the game
- Grand Prize redeemable when student attends the game
- Additional base prizes
- ADDITIONAL TICKETS
- Discounts available for families of students who complete the program.