The Senators tallied 7 runs in the second inning on their way to an 11-2 win over the Richmond Flying Squirrels Tuesday night at FNB Field. Adrian Sanchez capped the outburst in the second inning with a three-run home run. Rhett Wiseman had three hits and drove in three runs. With the win, the Sens have taken the series from Richmond and go for the sweep Wednesday night.
Harrisburg (47-36, 5-8); Richmond (30-51, 7-7)
Harrisburg sent 10 batters to the plate in the second inning and had RBIs from Rhett Wiseman, Jackson Tetreault and three from Adrian Sanchez to score 7 runs and break the game open.
On Capitol Hill
• Jackson Tetreault went six innings for the win. He allowed a couple runs on five hits.
• Bryan Bonnell pitched two scoreless innings while Aaron Barrett tossed a scoreless ninth inning.
With the Gavel
• Adrian Sanchez had two hits including a three-run home run, his sixth on the season with the Senators.
• Rhett Wiseman went 3-for-4 with a double and three RBIs.
• Luis Garcia had three hits and scored a run.
• Chuck Taylor had two hits and scored three times.
• It's the first time this season the Senators have scored 10 or more runs in back-to-back games.
• It's the second straight game a Senator has scored three runs.
• Five of the 11 runs the Sens scored came with two outs.
The Senators play the Richmond Flying Squirrels Wednesday night at 7 p.m. at FNB Field. The game can be heard on CBS Sports Radio Harrisburg 96.5FM 95.3FM and 1400AM beginning at 6:50 p.m.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.