About the BlueClaws
Dear BlueClaws fans,
The BlueClaws been the Jersey Shore's top stop for affordable, family entertainment here at the Jersey Shore - a responsibility we don't take lightly - and we thank you for your support since 2001. Over the years, fans have seen some very special moments and some very special players. For example:
- Two Phillies legends, Ryan Howard (2002) and Cole Hamels (2003) both played here. We retired both of their numbers as well, with Howard's #29 being retired in 2010 and Hamels' #19 being retired in 2014.
- We have won three South Atlantic League Championships - 2006, 2009, and 2010 - and played for another in 2016, falling in the Championship Series to Rome.
- Through 2018, we have drawn over 7.3-million fans to FirstEnergy Park - and we look forward to reaching the 8-million fan plateau soon!
Shore Town Baseball, a group led by Minor League Baseball veteran Art Matin that also includes several local partners, acquired the BlueClaws late in 2017 and they have immediately put their stamp on the BlueClaws.
The BlueClaws opened a brand-new Mini Golf Course, Home Run Pavilion (boardwalk game area), and Biergarten in 2018 and in 2019 will open brand new, revamped picnic areas.
"This opportunity with the BlueClaws is certainly very exciting for all of us," said Matin. "Our ownership group is made up of people who love the game of baseball, have extensive experience in owning minor league baseball franchises, and bring local knowledge and commitment to the table. We look forward to continuing the tradition of providing fun family entertainment and exciting professional baseball for decades to come here on the Jersey Shore."
Shore Town Baseball also named Joe Ricciutti the new BlueClaws President and General Manager. Ricciutti previously worked for Columbia University and was the President of the Staten Island Yankees from 2007 - 2011.
Through the 2018 season, 89of our former players have gone From The Shore, to the Show, including nine to debut last year. You can see the full list here.
For those that have discovered the BlueClaws for the first time, welcome. It is our goal to make your complete experience as enjoyable, entertaining, and family-friendly as possible. We're proud of our two picnic areas, party decks, expanded Kids Zone, 360-degree concourse, and so much more.
The BlueClaws have the best fans in Minor League baseball, and we will continue to make FirstEnergy Park a fun and exciting place to visit. We are anxious to offer you the best entertainment and the most enjoyable experience you can possibly imagine. We look forward to seeing you at FirstEnergy Park all summer long!
Let's Go BlueClaws!
Yours in fun,
By the way, this video was filmed during a rain delay in 2009:
- FirstEnergy Park
- Directions & Hours
- Stadium Rules
- Guest Code of Conduct
- Frequently Asked Questions
- About the BlueClaws
- Gluten Free Items
- What's New at FirstEnergy Park
- BlueClaws Mini Golf
- Toyota World of Lakewood Home Run Pavilion
- Seating Chart
- Special Events
- Facility Rentals
- Connect with the BlueClaws
- Newsletter Sign-Up