ROUND ROCK, Texas – The Round Rock Express (38-26 | 82-56) were victim to a five-run inning that led to the Las Vegas Aviators (38-26 | 72-66) claiming a 6-5 win on Tuesday afternoon at Dell Diamond. The two teams are now tied for first place in the Pacific Coast
ROUND ROCK, Texas – The Round Rock Express (38-26 | 82-56) were victim to a five-run inning that led to the Las Vegas Aviators (38-26 | 72-66) claiming a 6-5 win on Tuesday afternoon at Dell Diamond. The two teams are now tied for first place in the Pacific Coast League second-half standings.
Express reliever RHP Chase Lee (3-4, 3.98) was tagged with the loss after being credited with five runs on four hits without recording an out. Aviators reliever RHP Chase Cohen (5-1, 7.96) got the win thanks to a 2.0-inning outing that saw one run, one hit and three strikeouts. Las Vegas RHP Tayler Scott earned the day’s save with a shutout ninth inning.
Along the Train Tracks:
- Round Rock jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first inning thanks to two home runs. CF J.P. Martinez launched a solo home run before SS Davis Wendzel went yard to score himself and 2B Justin Foscue.
- Martinez hit his second home run of the day to lead off the third inning and give the Express a 4-0 advantage.
- Las Vegas 3B Jonah Bride hit a solo home run for the Aviators in the fourth inning to trim the lead to 4-3.
- The Aviators took over for a 6-4 lead in the eighth inning. A combination of five singles, one hit batter and one sacrifice fly helped Las Vegas plate five runs in the frame.
- Round Rock 1B Blaine Crim hit the team’s fourth home run of the game in the eighth and brought the E-Train within one run. Arias knocked a single in the ninth, but Round Rock couldn’t bring him in and fell 6-5.
- The last time that Round Rock hit four home runs was on July 2 at Las Vegas. The Express went on to win that contest over the Aviators 13-2. Tuesday afternoon was just the fourth time this season that the E-Train has hit four home runs in a single game this season.
- Express SS Davis Wendzel is now three home runs away from reaching the 30-homer mark after hitting one on Tuesday. Wendzel would become the first E-Train batter to reach 30 home runs since OF Kyle Tucker in 2019.
- In his first game back from being optioned, CF J.P. Martinez hit 2-for-4 with two home runs on Tuesday.
Next up: Round Rock and Las Vegas will play for game two at Dell Diamond on Wednesday night, with first pitch scheduled for 7:05 p.m. Aviators RHP Chad Patrick (0-2, 7.56) is slated to make the start up against Express RHP Matt Bush (1-0, 5.40).
For more information about the Express, visit RRExpress.com or call (512) 255-2255. Subscribe to the E-Train email newsletter and keep up with the Express on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!