NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (August 8, 2017) - The Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, were defeated by the Arkansas Travelers 11-2 Tuesday night in the series opener at Dickey-Stephens Park.BIG MOMENTS
The Travelers put together a four-run second and five-run sixth to highlight the double-digit victory.
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (August 8, 2017) - The Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, were defeated by the Arkansas Travelers 11-2 Tuesday night in the series opener at Dickey-Stephens Park.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
- The Travelers put together a four-run second and five-run sixth to highlight the double-digit victory.
- Ryan Casteel went 3-5 with a double, home run and two RBIs, and Seth Mejias-Brean tallied three hits as well to lead the way for Arkansas. Along with Casteel, Chuck Taylor and Chris Mariscal each drove in two runs.
- Eric Aguilera blasted a second-inning home run against Arkansas starter Bryan Evans, giving the Riders a 1-0 lead. Juremi Profar's run-scoring single in the ninth made it 11-2.
NEWS AND NOTES
- Eric Aguilera: 2-4, home run, RBI, run
- Juremi Profar: 2-4, RBI
- Jose Cardona: 2-3
- Jose Trevino: 1-3, double, walk
- Eric Aguilera crushed his team-leading 14th home run, driving in his team-best 46th run.
- Juremi Profar tallied his 27th multiple-hit contest with two singles. Jose Cardona and Eric Aguilera each collected their 19th multi-hit performances.
- Riders starter Ariel Jurado surrendered career-highs in hits (13) and runs (8) allowed.
Riders at Arkansas, Wednesday, 7:10 p.m.
Probables: RHP Tyler Davis
(2-1, 2.54 ERA) vs. RHP Lindsey Caughel
(8-9, 4.09 ERA)
, TuneIn Radio App
, MiLB First Pitch AppAbout the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 12 seasons (2005-2016). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. The new ownership group, together with the city of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise improvements over the past two seasons, investing nearly $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a new state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store, and the newest and biggest creation, the 174-foot Choctaw Lazy River. The upgrades made prior to the 2015 season earned the Riders and the City of Frisco "Best Ballpark Renovation" of 2015 by Ballpark Digest. The same publication also honored the Choctaw Lazy River as the best ballpark improvement over $1 million for the 2016 season. More than 130 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis
, Adrián González
, Ian Kinsler, and Nelson Cruz
, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus
, Rougned Odor
and Nomar Mazara
. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Art Garcia at [email protected]
or Ryan Rouillard at [email protected]