FRISCO, Texas (Aug. 23, 2019) - Leody Taveras hit a walk-off double in the bottom of the 10th, carrying the Riders to a 1-0 win over Northwest Arkansas Friday night.SYNOPSIS* Taveras delivered the decisive hit with two outs in the 10th, plating the game's only run.* Four Riders pitchers - Edinson
FRISCO, Texas (Aug. 23, 2019) - Leody Taveras hit a walk-off double in the bottom of the 10th, carrying the Riders to a 1-0 win over Northwest Arkansas Friday night.
* Taveras delivered the decisive hit with two outs in the 10th, plating the game's only run.
* Four Riders pitchers - Edinson Vólquez, Edgar Arredondo, Jake Lemoine and Demarcus Evans - combined to toss an eight-hit shutout over 10 innings. Arredondo paved the way with seven scoreless frames, yielding just six hits and striking out six.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Edgar Arredondo: 7 IP, 6 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 6 K
* Leody Taveras: 1-for-4, walk-off single
* Andretty Cordero: 3-for-4
NEWS AND NOTES
* Friday's game was the Riders' 10th extra-inning game of the year (7-3) but the first since May 31st.
Riders vs. NW Arkansas, Saturday, 7:05 pm
RHP Jason Bahr (3-3, 3.86) vs. RHP Jackson Kowar (2-6, 3.41)
Get your tickets here
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 160 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].