FRISCO, Texas (Aug. 24, 2019) - For the second night in a row, Leody Taveras delivered a walk-off knock in the bottom of the 10th, carrying Frisco to a 4-3, 10-inning win over Northwest Arkansas before a crowd of 11,852 at Dr Pepper Ballpark.SYNOPSIS* Taveras singled home the winning run with
FRISCO, Texas (Aug. 24, 2019) - For the second night in a row, Leody Taveras delivered a walk-off knock in the bottom of the 10th, carrying Frisco to a 4-3, 10-inning win over Northwest Arkansas before a crowd of 11,852 at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
* Taveras singled home the winning run with two outs in the bottom of the 10th. The Riders had tied the game earlier in the frame on a RBI single from Tony Sanchez .
* Taveras also drove in the first two runs with a two-run triple in the third inning.
* Starter Jason Bahr was strong over 5 2/3 innings, allowing just one earned run on three hits in a no-decision.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Leody Taveras: 2-for-5, walk-off single, 3 RBI
* Tony Sanchez: 2-for-4, 2B, RBI, R
* Jason Bahr: 5 2/3 IP, 3 H, 2 R (1 ER), 3 BB, 5 K
NEWS AND NOTES
* Sanchez extended his hitting streak to eight games with a pair of hits.
* Frisco played Saturday's game as the Frisco Corny Dogs as part of the club's annual State Fair Night.
* Saturday's attendance of 11,852 was the seventh-largest in franchise history.
Riders vs. NW Arkansas, Sunday, 6:05 pm
RHP Ronald Herrera (2-4, 5.64)
Get your tickets here
TV: Fox Sports SW, MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 160 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].