FRISCO, Texas (June 15, 2018) - Josh Morgan blasted a walk-off, two-run home run in the ninth to propel the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, past the San Antonio Missions 4-2 Friday evening at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
* Morgan's homer came with two outs in the bottom of the ninth. Preston Beck singled earlier in the inning to start the rally.
* The Riders jumped on the Missions early with a 2-run shot from Carlos Garay in the first inning.
* San Antonio knocked a trio of base hits in the sixth to tie the game 2-2.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Josh Morgan: 1-for-4, HR, 2 RBI, R
* Carlos Garay: 1-for-3, HR, 2 RBI, R
* Preston Beck: 2-for-4, R
* Tyler Davis: 5 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K
NEWS AND NOTES
* The Riders collected their third walk-off win of the season.
* Elvis Andrus went 0-for-4 in his fifth rehab game with the Riders.
Riders vs. San Antonio, Saturday, 7:05 p.m.
Probables: RHP Tyler Wagner (0-0, 1.50) vs. RHP Lake Bachar (0-3, 7.30)
Tickets: Click here
Radio: Sportsradio 1310/96.7 FM The Ticket, RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio, First Pitch App
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 13 seasons (2005-2017). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis , Adrian Gonzalez , Ian Kinsler and Neftali Feliz , as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara . For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.